Blue Star DIRECT are partners with a major energy company to deliver their customer fulfilment packs, mandatory mailing and marketing communications.
There was a business requirement to transition a high percentage of customers to digital communication channels. However, our client did not have their customers email addresses, and where they did, they didn’t have permission to email them.
We worked with our client to build their email address data base and assist them to further migrate and convert offline consumers to online. Blue Star DIRECT took a multi-channel approach in order to meet our client’s objectives. We:
- Collaborated with our clients Creative Agency to develop a multichannel campaign with a strong call to action to cut through. The multichannel campaign directed customers to a registration page – with and without an incentive (A/B Testing).
- Built and hosted the registration pages.
- Worked with a single source of data to communicate across multiple channels and from the one data file.
- Contacted the customer via SMS if a mobile number was available with a link to a personal registration page. Where there was no response via SMS, we built an automated workflow that pushed a further Direct Mail communication.
- Used Direct Mail if no mobile number was available. The direct mail piece had a tracked URL and QR code printed on it that allowed customers to access the registration page.
- Provided real time reporting on response rates across all channels.
- Target for new email addresses was met ahead of time
- 22% conversion rate
- Significant on-going cost savings for our client on postage